Offshore Partner Visa Melbourne

A Guide to Understanding Offshore Partner Visa

It isn’t uncommon for people from different countries to fall in love and decide to live together, is it? If you and your partner plan to live in Australia permanently, this blog is for you. For everyone looking forward to heading to the country on a partner visa, an offshore partner visa can provide an ideal gateway to reunite with their loved ones.

However, not everyone is well aware of the procedure to apply for an offshore partner visa consultant in Melbourne. This is why this blog will guide you to understand this type of visa –

What is an Offshore Partner Visa?

An offshore partner visa permits you to stay with your partner permanently in the country. However, the only condition here is that you must be outside the country at the time of application and when the visa is granted. The only drawback here is that the processing time for an offshore partner visa is nearly a year or two. Till then, living in the country permanently can be a challenge. This type is exceptionally helpful when you are living overseas and need time to wrap things up and move permanently.

Eligibility of Offshore Partner Visa

If you are applying for an offshore partner visa, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria –

Relationship Requirement: You must be in a committed relationship with your partner and show proof of your relationship. This could be a legal marriage certificate or a de facto relationship. The latter typically involves living together and sharing the same residence for at least 12 months.

Get a Sponsor: When you submit your application, you and anybody applying for the visa with you must have a sponsor. Usually, your partner is your sponsor; however, this needs to be authorised. Your sponsor cannot be changed.

The Correct Age: Another crucial factor in applying for an offshore partner visa agent in Melbourne is the correct age. The married applicants must be at least 18 years old or above. This is typical because, under Australian law, the valid age to get married is at least 18 years.

Types of Offshore Partner Visas

There are two types of offshore partner visas you should be aware of –

Partner Visa Subclass 309: This is the first temporary visa that enables you and your partner to reside in Australia and is considered the first step in acquiring a visa for a permanent partner.

Partner Visa Subclass 100: In this stage, you get a permanent residency in Australia. You can apply for subclass 100 once you receive the provisional visa.

Now that you know about offshore partner visas, you can apply for one if you are to move to Australia and live happily with your partner.

Speak to Our Agents

Do you wish to make the process for a partner visa in Melbourne easy? Book a consultation with Visa Pro Migration & Education Services. Dial ‘0433 454 580 and talk to the experts from our side. Get your visa processed faster with our top-notch services!